Pictured above: The Ha Long Bay castaway crew!
Hello to all you awesome people I met whilst travelling in Asia for three months. This is a big thank you to all of you who have been so great to meet and travel with. Don’t you just hate it when someone takes pictures of you, which you then never get to see or have? Well.. I’ve browsed through all of my photos and filtered out the ones that either have you in them, or that I know some of you wanted to have, and put them in this Picasa Album. Hope you enjoy! If you see any pictures that you want taken out, or if you remember me taking pictures that are not in the album, give me a shout out and I’ll be happy to look into it for you.
Also; I would appreciate receiving any pictures that you might have of me 🙂 You can drop me an e-mail and attach any photos.
Some of the memories in the album:
- Awesome times in Bangkok; bike tour, Khao San road, visiting the temples.
- To Chiang Mai, Pai and around! Mad showers driving out of Chiang Mai, a small crash and driving scooters onto muddy roads around Pai until we couldn’t continue on.
- On to Luang Prabang, via slowboat. Waterfalls, Utopia and bowling. Intense volleyball and foosball as well. I had to say goodbye to some of you, who were going to the south of Laos, when I was going to Hanoi.
- Castaway tour, what an awesome experience; partying, wakeboarding, kayaking ! After that: driving and cycling around beautiful Sapa.
- More driving! After meeting Michael & Rita, I ended up driving ‘the Beast’ down from Dong Hoi to Hoi An.
- Onto Nha Trang, and Dalat, where some illegal canyoning took place, with Luuk & Toine.
- From watery heights to sea level sands. Riding quads in Mui ne, reunion with George.
- Drove the Beast down to Saigon.. Last stop in Vietnam: history lessons and partying.
- More history lessons in Phnom Penh at the Killing Fields.
- Temple overdose @ Angkor Wat.
- Onto the Thai Islands! But first.. Climbing in Krabi & sunsets in Ao Nang!
- Party on Phi Phi.
- Exploring the deep blue on Koh Tao. PADI/party time! After that: KL, and final stop before Bali.
- Reunited with Romy: exploring Bali, doing some diving before climbing a mountain and sampling Gili paradise.
- Chilling with Olivier, hanging with George; revisiting Ubud.
- Ending my journey with a fantastic weekend in Amed with George, Juliët and Aimée, before flying to Bangkok and home.
I made a little aftermovie, which can be found here if you missed it.
Thanks again for making this trip my most memorable one yet. I hope to see some of you in the not so distant future. Perhaps in The Netherlands, perhaps on your home turf. Hit me up if you’re around!